The European Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia is a not-for-profit organization funded by the European Union. Its mandate is to enhance trade and investment relations between EU Member States and Cambodia through a range of advocacy initiatives, outreach activities, and business support services.
They are seeking applications from recent graduates and professionals early in their career with solid writing, marketing, and customer service skills to become a communications/membership intern/junior officer. The applicant that fills this position will work with the communications team and the membership team to assist with processing new members and with outreach activities.
The Junior Communications/Membership Intern/Officer reports directly to the Senior Communications Officer and the Senior Events/Membership officer.
The Junior Communications/Membership Intern/Officer will focus specifically on assisting the senior membership officer in onboarding and attracting new members. This process involves customer service skills and technical skills using their CRM database. The applicant will be trained in how to effectively use the system and manage members within the database.
The applicant will also assist the senior communications officer with social media tasks and maintaining their communication channels, which include social media platforms, our website, and our e-mail campaign platform.
The applicant will also assist in the production of their weekly newsletter.
When necessary, the junior officer/intern will receive guidance from the deputy director and the executive director as well.
Job Description: Open to National Candidates
Working closely with the membership team to onboard new members and assist in managing their membership database.
- Onboarding new members via our Glue Up system (training provided)
- Assisting with new member processes (onboarding, welcoming, member visits, photography, presenting certificates)
- Assisting with communications with membership (e-mail campaigns, helping manage requests from members)
- Helping build personal connections with our members Communications (50%)
- Supporting senior communications officer in communications campaigns, including event promotion, content creation for social media, newsletter
- Writing first drafts of posts and submitting content
- Support with website maintenance, ie. updating pages and adding content
- Assisting with e-mail campaigns and sending out targeted communications
- Attending events to assist with photography, network, and assist with communications tasks Requirements
- Adaptability and a strong willingness to learn
- Strong organizational skills, ability to switch between multiple tasks
- Bachelor’s degree (or in the final year of receiving a Bachelor’s degree)
- Solid writing skills, and creative ability to craft messages for different audiences
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment as part of a large team
- Strong sense of customer service
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High-level of English & Khmer; able to write competently.
- Willingness to learn and grow on the job, take on new tasks as they arise
Deadline: 6th January 2023, Interested in this opportunity? Submit your CV to: email@example.com, with CC to: firstname.lastname@example.org