One of the American universities noted for consistently providing scholarship opportunities to students, including those from abroad, is Yale University. The good news is what? The good news is that Yale University offers a chance to study on a fully financed scholarship if you’re wanting to study in the USA on a scholarship.
The university provides its scholarship to students from various nations of the world. This scholarship is completely supported and supports programs at all academic levels, including undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
This is a fantastic chance for students who are interested in attending Yale University because the average Yale need-based scholarship is over $50,000, while Yale scholarships may reach over $70,000 year.
Yale is one of the oldest and prestigious universities in USA, and it is part of the Ivy League schools which known for prestige and excellence in terms of academics. And this is why so many students wants to study in Yale as it is part of Ivy League schools which are schools which many students desire to study.
Students’ aspirations and desires to enrol in these institutions are due to their reputation for producing successful professionals, which has been linked to their educational background.
One of the most renowned and established universities in the United States, Yale was first founded as a school for clergy education before being expanded to include and teach other disciplines of study and programs. It is a renowned American university that has graduated notable individuals like as Nobel Laureates, Supreme Court Justices, US Presidents, Rhodes Scholars, and others.
Yale is one of the best institutions in the world according to university rankings.
The Yale university is known to support its students and this they do by way of providing number of scholarships in the form of financial aids to its students including international students.
The financial aid is offered to undergraduates, but for the graduate students, they have to apply to their departments as funding policies vary from department.
On the other hand, fully funded scholarship is well known and common with the PhD students. Students usually get scholarship that covers fully funded scholarship, hospitalization fellowship and an annual stipend, all of these help students in their smooth academics study.
Yale University Scholarship Summary
Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
Institution(s): Yale University
Study in: United States of America
Opportunity Focus Areas:
- View the full list of undergraduate majors here.
- View the full list of graduate majors click here.
- Program Period: Program period depends on the chosen Program from 2 to 5 Academic Years.
- Deadline: Click here for undergraduate deadlines / Click here for graduate deadlines
Yale university Scholarship Coverage
- The Yale University scholarship is awarded to cover 100% of the financial need demonstrated by the family.
- They take into account your parent’s income, assets, and finances to determine your scholarship amount.
- The Yale Scholarship can vary from a few hundred dollars to over $70,000 per year; the average Yale need-based scholarship is over $50,000.
- Also, students whose parents earn less than 65,000$ a year do not pay anything! So if your parents earn less than 65,000$ a year, Yale University scholarship covers tuition, room, and board!
Eligibility Criteria for Yale University Scholarships
To be eligible for Yale University Scholarships, following criteria is to be fulfilled:
Required Language: English.
TOEFL scores of at least the following:
- 100 on the internet-based TOEFL
- 600 on the paper-based TOEFL
- 250 on the computer-based TOEFL
IELTS scores of 7 or higher and Pearson Test scores of 70 or higher.
For more information, check here.
Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- You are enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
- You have received or are eligible to receive an ACT or SAT testing fee waiver.
- You are enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- You are a ward of the state or an orphan.
- Your annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service.
- You live in a federally subsidized public housing, a foster home or are homeless.
- Your family receives public assistance.
- You can provide a supporting statement from a school official, college access counsellor, financial aid officer, or community leader.
How to Apply for Yale University Scholarship?
Please follow the following steps to avail Yale University Scholarship:
Check these specific requirements of this scholarship:
- Two Teacher Recommendations
- $80 Application Fee or Fee Waiver
- Standardized Testing Results
- Counsellor Recommendation and School Report (including transcript)
- Final Report
- Mid-Year Report
- For Undergraduate students, click here to apply.
For graduate students. Please apply through choosing the appropriate program from here.
You will get an e-mail for acceptance or refuse.
To know more about Yale University Scholarship, please visit official website: