Who is Filipina actress Maja Salvador?, Biography, Age, Height & more
Who is Filipina actress Maja Salvador?, Biography, Age, Height & more. Maja Salvador is a well-known Filipina actress and singer known for her acting credits in films such as ‘Thelma’ and ‘You’re Still the One’. She is also a dancer, model, and producer. Salvador began her acting career with a minor role in the Filipino drama series ‘It might be You’ in 2003. The following year, she played a main role in the TV series ‘Spirits’. The show however did not perform well.
She then appeared in the drama anthology series ‘Maalaala Mo Kaya’, a show that holds the record of being the longest-running drama anthology in the world. Salvador appeared in multiple seasons portraying different characters. Other TV shows that Salvador is known for include ‘Nagsimula sa Puso’ and ‘Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin’. She made her film debut with a minor role in the Filipino horror film ‘Sukob’. Directed by Chito S. Roño, the movie was a commercial and critical success. Other films that Salvador is known for include ‘Thelma’ as well as ‘You’re Still the One’. Throughout her outstanding career, Salvador has won several awards including ‘Myx Music Award’ and the ‘FAMAS Award.’
Maja Salvador Also Known As: Maja Ross Andres Salvador
Age: 34 Years, 34 Year Old Females
Father: Ross Rival
Mother: Thelma Andres
Childhood & Early Life
Maja Ross Andres Salvador was born on 5th October 1988, in Aparri, Cagayan, Philippines to parents Thelma Andres and Ross Rival. She has three siblings; one brother and two sisters.
- Maja Salvador made her acting debut with a minor role in the Filipino drama series ‘It Might Be You’. Directed by Don Cuaresma and Gilbert Perez, the story revolved around two childhood friends who fall in love. The series aired from 2003 to 2004.
- In 2004 she played a main role in the TV series ‘Spirits’. It revolved around eight kids who come to know that they have special abilities. However the series didn’t do well and was met with mixed reviews.
- Salvador next starred in several episodes of ‘Maalaala Mo Kaya’, a drama anthology series. For her performance in one of the episodes, she earned a nomination for the ‘Star Award for Television’.
- Maja Salvador made her film debut in the horror movie ‘Sukob’ in 2006. The film was a huge success, both critically and commercially. It is also considered one of the scariest Filipino films of all time. Salvador won multiple awards for her performance. The same year, she starred in another film ‘First Day High’ in a supporting role.
- Her popularity grew and Salvador appeared in several TV shows over the next few years. Some of them were ‘Pangarap na Bituin’ (2007), ‘Komiks Presents: Kapitan Boom’, (2008), ‘Nagsimula sa Puso’ (2009) and ‘Impostor’ (2010). She also made appearances in multiple films such as ‘Villa Estrella” (2009) and ‘Cinco’ (2010).
- In 2011, Salvador co-produced as well as played the lead role in the film ‘Thelma’. The film, directed by Paul Soriano, can be regarded as one of her most significant works on the big screen.
- Salvador continued her career on the big sc reen appearing in films such as ‘My Cactus Heart’ (2012) and ‘Status: It’s Complicated’ (2013).
- Her recent works on television include ‘Bridges of Love’ (2015) where she was seen in the lead role. She was latest seen in the 2017 TV series ‘Wildflower’, playing the protagonist.