NPower Payment And Deployment News Today 17th December 2022
NPower Payment and Deployment News Today 15th December 2022 can be accessed below.
In today’s latest Npower news, We heard that the management of Npower in a new update stated that the N-Power Programme is a very successful component of the National Social Investment Programme put in place by the Federal Government. This comes after the fraud Npower Dbanj report. If you have not seen the post, read it here Npower News – ICPC Detains DBanj Over NPower Funds Fraud.
According to Npower management, the Npower Program has continued to have the desired impact by onboarding 1 million unemployed Nigerian youth (mostly graduates), offering capacity building, targeted tenured employment, and structured off-boarding into various career paths.
This has had the dual effects of directing unemployed and underemployed Nigerian youth toward successful career paths and stimulating the Nigerian economy.
However, the Ministry in charge of the Npower Programme, the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs denied any official engagement with Dbanj stating that its attention has been brought to recent publications regarding ongoing investigations in relation to fraud allegations in the Programme
The following is what the Ministry state:
1. The Ministry has deployed a well-rounded mechanism for the selection of eligible beneficiaries from across the country and this has been in place since the inception of the program. Working with our Service Provider, Program Beneficiaries are onboarded, trained, and deployed to pre-selected Places of Primary Assignment.
2. The matter was immediately referred to ICPC for a thorough investigation after it came to our attention that some employees of the Payment Service Provider (PSP) involved in the payment processes of beneficiaries may have engaged in dishonest behavior. As a result, as part of the continuing investigations, certain people have, as far as we are aware, been invited for questioning.
3. In the meantime, we have carried out thorough reinforcement of our systems to eliminate all anomalies and prevent similar occurrences in the future. To this end, we are in close collaboration with ICPC to support the successful determination of the investigation.
4. The public may wish to note that in a bid to ensure transparency and accountability in the implementation of N-Power and other National Social Investment Programmes, namely the National Home Grown School Feeding Programme(NHGSEP), Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP) and the Conditional Cash Transfer(CCT), the Ministry has over time involved other government MDA‘s, Security Agencies and Civil Society Organizations in monitoring and compliance checks across the 36 states of the country and the FCT.
5. We want to assure all NPOWER beneficiaries of the Federal Government’s continued commitment to the programme and the subsequent off-boarding channels activated.
6. All program beneficiaries should therefore continue to apply themselves to their utmost at their Places of Primary Assignment. All monthly stipends will continue to be paid in line with program expectations.
7. We call on members of the public to come forward with information on any irregularities noticed in the implementation of the National Social Investment programme through the following channels:
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org