February 17, 2022
Dr. Samuel Ortom
Executive Governor of Benue State
Makurdi, Benue State
Your Excellency Sir,
POSITION OF UFIA YOUTH FORUM (UYF) ON THE EXISTING ZONING ARRANGEMENTS AND ROTATION OF ELECTIVE POLITICAL OFFICES IN ADO LOCAL GOVERNMENT COUNCIL
We the Executive Committee (Exco) of Ufia Youth Forum in Utonkon, Ado Local Government Area convened an Exco Meeting on Monday, February 14, 2022 and arrived at the following resolution:
1. The forum, hereby, throws its weight behind the Benue State Government under your able leadership who, in agreement with the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has decided to conduct the Local Government Polls every two years. Our support for this democratic ideal is premised on the fact that Local Government Administration is closest to the people and periodic council elections give room for the emergence of vibrant and dedicated leaders who will make impact in the lives of their people at the grassroots.
2. The Forum admits that though it is not affiliated to any political party, individual or group, it is nonetheless interested in politics as political decisions affect our individual and collective lives.
3. The Forum is aware of the existing concensus by political leaders in the zoning arrangements and rotation of elective political offices in Ado Local Government Council and believe undoubtedly that it is now the turn of Zone A and specifically for Ufia people to occupy the chairmanship position in the next dispensation.
4. We are therefore united and resolved that the Chairmanship position MUST come to Ufia in accordance with the letters of that agreement and in the spirit of equity and fair play.
5. We frown at the subtle attempt to deny Ufia people of this right and call on the Benue State Governor, and Leader of the PDP in the State, as well as Ado Political Leaders and Stakeholders to uphold the right and desire of Ufia people to occupy the chairmanship position in the next dispensation.
6. Finally, we implore all and sundry to abide by the philosophy of ” let and let live” by giving to Ufia people what belongs to Ufia people in the overall interest of peace, harmony and progress of Ado Local Government.
Long Live Benue State
Long Live Ado LGC
Long Live UYF
1 The National President, Ufia Development Association,(UDA)
2. The State Chairman, PDP
3. Distinguished Senator Abba Moro
4. His Excellency Senator David Mark.
5 Chief Ekpe Ogbu, Hon. Commissioner for Housing and Urban Development
6. Hon (Dr.) Francis Otta Agbo, MHR, Ado, Okopkwu and Ogbadibo Constituency
7. Hon. (Mrs). Agnes Uloko, MHA, Ado State Constituency
8. Mr. James Oche, Chairman, Ado LGC
9. The Chairman, PDP, Ado LGC
10. The DPO, Nigeria Police, Ado LGC